Thursday, June 11, 2009

1st Ultrasound

Well yesterday we made our way to the Doctors office to get our first ultra sound done. I was extremely nervous! The lady kept asking me if I was OK. I said yes just nervous. It was awesome to see the baby's heart beat. We both couldn't stop smiling when she left the room. I have such a wonderful husband and family who has listened to me whine non stop about the nausea I have been experiencing. I don't want to take meds and chance hurting my baby but I am sick from morning till about 6 everyday. And last night is was all night. If you have any suggestions on things to do please let me know.

Here is a picture of the ultra sound. It doesn't look very clear but there is a baby there. I can not wait to find out what it is so we can begin planning decoration for his/her room.



6 comments:

Beth said...

There is my little NEICE....I just know this baby will be a girl...I know what you think but I have a strong feeling and my strong feeling was correct with my kids. I can't wait till September when you find out. I am ready to buy some PINK or some BLUE.. I will be happy either way. We just pray for a healthy baby.

Love Ya,
Aunt Bethany

Danielle said...

Again, I am soooo happy for you! I'm sorry about the morning sickness, the only thing that helped me even a little was just breathing... I know it sounds silly, but if I would just take a couple of really deep breaths it would ease just a little... but that was me, and every pregnant woman is different. Keep us updated on the house and baby - hope both go great for you!
♥D

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys. Try dry crackers other than that I don't know I was sick too. I took the phenegren but was only able to take half a pill and it really helped. A whole one knocked me out.

I know your afraid to take anything but they wouldn't offer it to you if it wasn't safe.
A friend of mine was so sick she HAD to take the same medicine that they give to chemotherapy patients and both her kids are perfectly healthy.

Katie said...

When I was sick I HAD to have hard candy to suck on. The books say lemon drops counteract nausea. Also, vitamin B6 is suppossed to help and you can buy it a grocery store. Good luck!

Kelly said...

Congrats on your baby! They are so much fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog too. The color on the bathroom walls is Rosemary from Lowe's.

Also, saw you are a Tennessean! I'm a native from south of Nashville! GO VOLS!!!!!

Susan Nokes said...

That is so exciting that you & Josh are expecting! When I was pregnant with my son, I was able to get rid of the nausea as long as I had something on my stomach. I was eating all day long, just not a lot at one time, and a few bites here, a few bites there. Babies are so much fun and I know you both will be awesome parents. Maybe you'll have to start doing some sort of jewelry for moms-to-be?